Bi-State Sage-Grouse Coordinator Job Opening
Bi-state sage-grouse communication and data coordinator
The Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association is looking for a dynamic new employee to provide outreach and data coordination support for the Bi-State Sage-Grouse Local Area Working Group. We are now accepting resumes for the position of Bi-State Sage-Grouse Communications and Data Coordinator. This position has been funded for three years. The person must have a BA/BS degree and three years’ experience in natural resource management or communications fields, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong communication, natural resource management, and analytical skills are required. Travel throughout the Bi-State (eastern CA and western NV) will be required, so a valid driver’s license is a must.
Position Title: Bi-State Sage-Grouse Communication and Data Coordinator
Term of the position: Up to 3 years, full time preferred, part time considered
Entity that will host the position: Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association
Supervisory responsibilities: None, but may lead others
Base of operation: Bishop, CA, but frequent travel throughout the Bi-State and to Reno. Other duty stations in the Bi-State may be considered.
Salary: Commensurate with experience ($17 to $24/hour), health and dental provided details upon request
Background: The Bi-State Local Area Working Group (LAWG) works across jurisdictional boundaries to conserve Bi-State sage-grouse habitat, and has been touted nationally as a model for conservation success. Among the strengths of this LAWG are dedicated local community members including ranchers, county government, and nonprofit organizations, an executive oversight committee (EOC) that includes local agency officials, a technical advisory committee (TAC), and a Tribal natural resources committee. In 2012, LAWG members developed a 10-year Action Plan for Bi-State sage-grouse conservation.
Duties, responsibilities and type of work to be performed: As guided by the Bi-State Sage-Grouse Executive Oversight Committee, the Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties:
- Development and completion of the yearly and 5 year accomplishment reports
- Develop template for reports
- Compile information and data from Local Area Working Group (LAWG) members, and writing and editing of reports
- Coordinate the annual data call
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control of data
- Facilitate and schedule LAWG and Executive Oversight Committee meetings and Conferences (e.g. conifer workshop, Traditional Ecological Knowledge (TEK) Forum)
- Create and manage files related to the Bi-State such as meeting notes, agendas, research, news etc.
- Manage the Bi-State website (www.bistatesagegrouse.com)
- Communicate to LAWG and public about accomplishments and ongoing work
- Website posts and updates
- Newsletter/mailchimp for relevant projects
- Leading and coordinating volunteer projects and field trips
- Writing success stories and developing outreach products (brochures, videos, merchandise, posters, giveaways, etc.)
- Giving or scheduling for others presentations about sage-grouse/sagebrush systems
- Staffing booths at local events
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 1 or until the position is filled. For additional information, please contact Jeff Gabriel, email@example.com or (760) 872-1220.